Colourstrings is recognized world-wide for its unique and intuitive approach to music-learning. It is a valued part of Finland’s education system, in-demand across the U.K., Europe, Canada, South Africa and Australia, and we are very excited to be able to offer it in New Zealand!
Colourstrings aims to enable children to become creative, confident music-makers. Musical concepts are introduced at age-appropriate levels. Children who follow a Colourstrings programme will become musically literate before learning an instrument.
Skills developed in Colourstrings classes give children a head start in their music education and a real intrinsic understanding of music, having experienced it first with their voice and body.
- Colourstrings Music classes build confidence, self-esteem, creativity, self expression, and good listening skills.
- Colourstrings is taught by trained professionals. Colourstrings teachers are not only highly trained instrumentalists, they also undergo extensive training in the Colourstrings approach, upon completion being awarded with a Colourstrings Associate Teacher qualification.
- Age specific groups allow children to develop musicianship at their level.
- Children develop their singing voice, a sensitive inner ear and acquire the musicianship skills necessary to learn an instrument with ease and success.
- Skills are introduced in fun and creative ways, using singing games, dancing and percussion instruments.
- Children develop social skills through teamwork with other children.
- Many studies show a range of benefits to regular, participatory music lessons in young children, such as improved memory and language development skills.
- Participating in music classes together can be a very special bonding time between parent and child.
“Young children who take music lessons show different brain development and improved memory over the course of a year, compared to children who do not receive musical training” – Dr Laurel Trainor, Professor of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Behaviour, McMaster University